bad day at work? you GOTTA read this! (or even if you just want to laugh)

(This was originally written and posted to renown on August 19, 2009.)
 
I love my job. well, my main job anyway... I've got like 5 & really only like the 1 I'm passionate about! With that said I think I have something that will make your day if you hate your job OR if you had a bad day at work... OR if you are anyone else! Trust me... you want to read this for a good laugh.

"When you have had one of those take-this-job-and-shove-it-days, try this.
On your way home, stop at your pharmacy and go to the section where they have thermometers. You will need to purchase a rectal thermometer made by the Q-tip Company. Be sure that you get this brand. When you get home, lock your doors, draw the drapes, and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed during your therapy. Change into something comfortable, such as a sweat suit, and lie down on your bed. Open the package containing the thermometer, remove it, and carefully place it on the bedside table so that it will not become chipped or broken. Take the written material that accompanies the thermometer. As you read, notice in small print this statement: 'Every rectal thermometer made by Q-tip is personally tested.'
Close your eyes. Say out loud five times, 'Thank you, oh thank you, that I do not work in quality control at the Q-tip company."


The source for that is unknown, but it was tucked in the 1st chapter of a book I'm currently reading by Mark Buchanan called The Rest of God: Restoring Your Soul by Restoring Sabbath. (awesome book btw).

I hope that made you laugh! That's good stuff. That's how I look at everything. I'm just an eternal optimist. I exude positivity. Maybe it's just the way God wired me or maybe the way my dad brought me up - always reminding me to look at situations positively. who knows...
funny stuff though!