Where Do We Go From Here: Reactions to Election 2012


I hoped I wouldn't have to write this article. I expected I wouldn't have to write it, as a matter of fact. What happened? It's the question I believe most of us are asking ourselves. After all, everything conservative pundits and humble bloggers like myself said before the election was true: undecided voters usually break for the challenger. So why didn't they this time?

I genuinely do not know the answer. Whether the American people have been paying less attention than they should or there are in fact more takers in America than taxpayers, it was enough for President Obama to be re-elected. At this point, it's hard to say what the reasons were yesterday.

I find myself wondering, honestly, if our country as we know it is lost. I believe America can survive four more years of Obama. My concern is whether we can survive four more years of people who would willingly re-elect Obama. I believe we can survive four more years because we have a firewall. The House of Representatives remains in Republican control so we can stop further damaging legislation by the President.
However, Obamacare is here to stay, and that's going to be bad for business. The Bush Tax Rates are set to expire, and the President seems to want to play hardball on this as well. So what we're looking at is big tax increases that are part of Obamacare, taxes being raised at the minimum on small businesses. Friends, I'm here to tell you things aren't going to get better in the next four years. I believe they will get worse unless the President reverses course and applies policies that actually work. 

So what do we do? I mean, short of Benghazigate blowing up into a huge cover-up scandal it is requiring both President Obama and Vice President Biden being thrown out of office, we're stuck here for four more years. What we can do is continue to fight for conservative principles. We can also work to build a big enough majority in 2014 to reverse the President's agenda. With what is likely to happen economically on the horizon, it's not at all beyond the realm of possibility. 

As for Biblical Conservatism, the blog is also at a crossroads. (This was always in the plans post-election, don't worry.) I began writing Biblical Conservatism as a way to collect my ideas before writing a book of the same title on the same topic. First, I'm going to take a few weeks off to rest from the world of politics. Then, Biblical Conservatism will be back, albeit as a biweekly blog rather than a daily, focusing primarily on topical issues rather than news. You may even see a few sneak peeks into the book. 

I leave you, for now, with this: Thank you for your readership through this Election and since I started back in 2010. Election Day was a banner day for Biblical Conservatism with the biggest one day readership since the beginning. Finally, I remind you one immutable fact that all Biblical Conservatives and Christians of all political stripes should remember: God is in control. No matter who is in the White House, we have a living King who sits on the throne and his name is Jesus Christ. God bless you all, and thank you for reading.